Top 10 Ways to be Green
One Million Acts of Green
Do you recycle, walk instead of drive, carpool when you do have to drive, and use fluorescent bulbs instead of incandescent bulbs? Great. The website One Million Acts of Green
has even more ideas to help you do your part to be a responsible citizen of Earth.This Saturday, March 28th, at 8:30 pm is Earth Hour. Turn off your lights with the rest of your city and collectively we can all join in an act of green together.
What else can you do?
1. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
2. Turn lights off when not in use, and don't leave water running when brushing your teeth.
3. Use cold water for washing laundry and hang your clothes to dry.
4. Walk or bike instead of drive, or carpool.
5. Install a ceiling fan at home instead of turning up the AC.
6. Set your hot water temperature to 120F or 49C.
7. Buy in bulk at the grocery store and use tupperware instead of buying snack-sizes.
8. Install faucet aerators at home.
9. Write to a politician.
10. Get your friends to sign up for One Million Acts of Green.
Every little bit helps. Remember the saying "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure?" It is true. Every aluminum can you recycle could power a tv for three hours with all the energy you save from not having to use virgin materials. You'll impact your childrens' children (or your friends' childrens' children) and make the planet more pleasant for future generations.