YMCA - Lynch/Van Otterloo Facility
40 Leggs Hill Rd
Marblehead, MA 01945
Deeply rooted in the North Shore, the Marblehead/Swampscott YMCA opened its doors to members in 1859. In 1888 it moved to the newly purchased King Hooper Mansion and in 1910 the YMCA moved to Pleasant Street where it became a full facility YMCA featuring a 20-yard pool, air-conditioned Wellness Center, quaint gymnasium and youth and adult locker rooms.
In 2003, the YMCA secured 19.5 acres of land on Leggs Hill Road to build a state-of-the-art facility. More than $14 million was raised over the course of six years. The building opened to the public on December 13th, 2008 and was formally dedicated as the Carolyn and Peter Lynch/Rose-Marie and Eyk van Otterloo YMCA on January 10, 2009.