Benefits of Fruits and Vegetables
Some impressive statistics regarding fruit and vegetables are listed below. Make sure you are consuming lots of fruit and vegetables, and a variety of both.
• 1 in 3 Americans will have cancer in their lifetimes; 20 years ago it was 1 in 10
• The Framingham Study demonstrated that people who eat 6servings/day of fruits and vegetables have 44% less risk of stroke; 9 servings/day yields a 66% reduction!
• A large study published in Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) showed that 5 servings/week of green, leafy vegetables cut the risk of macular degeneration, the most frequent cause of blindness in people age 65+, by 43%!
• The National Cancer Institute recommends 5-9 servings/day of raw fruits and vegetables to help prevent lung, breast, colon, prostate cancers (by 50% or more)!
• The American Heart Association recommends 5-9 servings /day also to slow down the atherosclerotic process and prevent heart disease and stroke.
• …Yet, 95% of Americans are not getting 5-9 servings of produce a day! And if they were, they would be spending around $5-15/day on produce.
• Actually, only $1.77/week is spent by an individual for fruits and vegetables and, worse yet, only $7.07/week for a family of 4. (1977 Produce Marketing Assoc. Statistic)
• And children? 1 in 2 will develop heart disease; 1 in 3, cancer! Degenerative diseases of the aged are now evidenced in children. ADD and ADHD are on the rise! why? A study of 3112 children grades 2-6 proved almost ½ didn’t eat even 1 fruit or vegetables in a day! Food is fuel, and they are running on empty!
ARE JUST ANY FRUITS AND VEGETABLES OK?
My answer is No, and here is why:
• They need to be raw because enzymes are only found in raw foods. Enzymes act as catalysts for the 10,000 functions per second that the cells themselves undergo. They strengthen the immune system, defy aging and detoxify the body. Cooking (118-122 degrees) destroys the life quality of enzymes. Meat is cooked, milks/juices are pasteurized, grains are baked and nuts are roasted. Fruits and vegetables are about the only other sources of enzymes and even then we cook most of them.
• VARIETY is important because everyone absorbs nutrients differently, kind of like medications. Your body may absorb calcium beautifully from broccoli, but I may need to get it from spinach. Kale is the #1 anti-cancer vegetables and I don’t eat it, do you? Since each fruit and vegetable has a unique composition of phytochemicals, vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and trace elements, and since most people only eat the five fruits and vegetables they like, they may be missing some important fuel.
• Not only does a vine-ripened tomato taste delicious, but also the bright red coloring is proportional to the number of phytochemicals within. Vine-ripening not only creates more nutrients, but those nutrients change so they are absorbed better.
• Produce needs to be fresh! Five days after picking approximately 75% of the nutrients are lost! Most of the produce in the market is at least 2 weeks old.
Juice Plus+ is real food: It is composed of 17 raw fruits, vegetables and grains which are grown in nutrient dense soil, allowed to ripen on the vine and picked/processed within 1-2 days.
It was developed to fill the gap between the quality and quantity of what you and I actually eat and what we need to eat for good health! “If your lifestyle does not control your body, eventually your body will control your lifestyle” Start reversing your cells today visit me at www.robinloves2sharejuiceplus.com
check out all the health research and the video on my site.